• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cnl390

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Does anyone know where I can find a regular carbine buffer in San Antonio? Already tried HCBR & they have some on order, but I need one by this weekend.
    Thanks
    Charles

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Charles, PM member wakal on this forum. He's local and I can almost guarantee has what you need.

Mods, it'd really be great if you would enable "tagging" of other members. This, wakal could receive a notification of this thread and that he was mentioned. I know the feature is available because t4t.org uses it.

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    I know this is an old thread but the title and subject are what I'm interested in.

I know that online and gun shows are good options. Where else have y'all seen parts locally for the DIY builder?

I saw that Ranger Firearms has a fair selection.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I've gotten a lot of my AR parts from armed in America. They are in Bulverde. Have to tack the 1863 exit and use the turn around lane

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I picked up a lower from modern elite firearms in hollywood park. The guy regularly has AR build groups and stocks kits. Good guy. Ive done several transfers and bought a couple from him.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I picked up a lower from modern elite firearms in hollywood park. The guy regularly has AR build groups and stocks kits. Good guy. Ive done several transfers and bought a couple from him.

Good post. Honestly forgot to mention them. O.T., but I've started using him for transfers as well.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Hes a good guy. A vet, too. His shop is a half mile from my work so transfers are easy there. I like picking through his (limited) stock of old used guns. He had an old MAS in there for a year or 2 but i wasnt able to talk him down on it.

Planning to pickup a suppressor sometime and will likely go to him if i dont just build one myself

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio

I'll go check it out. Thanks.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Ha. Tell him the one armed guy sent you and his "second" customer sent you.

I thought i was the first when i bought a chinese mosin from him but aparently someone else beat me there. He realized this after a year or so and informed me of the bad news...

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've checked out four places in the SA area that had a fair selection of AR parts.

Ranger Firearms
    Modern Elite Firearms
    The Gun Shack
    Top Brass (no firearms)

I've been inside these stores and talked with the employees. The customer service was good at all four places. (Expect for a dude on the phone once with Modern Elite. He wasn't rude but didn't seem particular thrilled about having to talk to someone on the phone.)

Overall, I like the selection available at Modern Elite. They have a good online selection of items they can get if they don't have them in stock. The prices seem fair after factoring in shipping (and FFL) you would be by ordering online.

The Gun Shack had a good selection on premise. Super friendly staff.

The dudes at Top Brass have always been cool. It's a fun store to visit because of all the tactical gear they carry. They have a fair selection of AR add on parts.

Ranger Firearms had a helpful staff. A few AR parts on the wall behind the counter.

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    I got an Anderson stripped lower from Modern Elite Firearms. Was $82 after taxes.

Good deal IMO considering I have it in hand right now, FFL fees if I ordered online and I'm supporting a local veteran owned business.

Top Bottom