Capitol Armory ad

AR-15 Combat/Patrol Rifle (possible build thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ALG makes good gear. I have several of their handguards waiting to be installed. (Black Friday year before last had great sales.) I’m also a big fan of Geissele and have most of his triggers, still haven’t pulled the trigger on his rails or CH but just need the right build for them, probably coming soon.

My absolute favorite rail is the FFSSR made by Parallax Tactical. At the end it’s quads but it’s skinny in the middle and they make them in AR-15 & 10 flavors.

Any thoughts on stock now?

The stock isn't anything fancy. It's a Magpul SL. It doesn't have a lot of thrills but does it's job quite well. The guys over at AR15.com seemed to really like them. It solves the snagging issue and gives me a good QD point for the sling.

MAG347-2-15.jpg

I looked some more at the ALG handguards. They have some pretty nice ones.
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• MAG347-2-15.jpg
      MAG347-2-15.jpg
      27.3 KB · Views: 222
    Last edited:

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US

That was the one I had been thinking of, just had a brain fart on the similar names. I've got that KVP in 9mm, works and looks great.

You could also look at a Hera LC gen2, not sure what it weighs, but works great, looks sharp, and fits perfectly under a NOXs rail (which I also really like).

Personally, I think the Geissele charging handles are awesome, and if you're patient, they go on sale every so often at a good discount.

Also, if you like the basic magpul stocks, might be worth looking at the Hogue overmolded adjustable stocks, which are really nice.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Thought I had a muzzle break you could use but it came of an ar10 sorry. I do like vg6 epsilon 556. I put that one on the ar I built for my dad. Very nice muzzle control. Not sure if you plan on putting a can on this rifle. If you don’t I would highly recommend this muzzle device. I would use it but all my ar’s are setup for suppressors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom