Capitol Armory ad

Anyone up for a indoor range trip today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I was thinking of going about 3pm to Shooting Sports & Training Center ...its an indoor range, usually not crowded.
    It's on Mueshke between Cypress & Tomball. Was just going to shoot pistols.
    Its $16 per person ...no time limit, no gun limit.
    https://shootingsportstx.com/

Anyone interested?
    Shoot me a text
    Dustin 832 8 six zero 0 five 0 five
    Venture Surplus ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I can't make it but I find that range interesting. Their range rules have one really bad provision:
    Collection of spent cartridges is not allowed in this range.
    and one really wonderful provision:
    CERTAIN TYPES OF AMMUNITION ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THIS RANGE.
    Steel core, Light Armor Piercing (LAP / green tip / penetrator), or Armor Piercing (black tip) ammunition are not allowed in this shooting range.
    What's wonderful about that? It doesn't mention aluminum cased ammo.

I may have finally found a reasonably close indoor range that will let me use up all my old aluminum-cased Blazer. Yay!

Big thanks to you, EZ-E, for pointing out this facility.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Your welcome sir.
    I guess because it's a small little 6 lane not much money to be made, maybe brass recycling pays to keep the doors open & customers can shoot cheap...well before your ammo cost. With no time limit I could shoot a thousand dollars in ammo...lol.

I dont recall seeing any aluminum cased spent ammo on the floor but they do keep it pretty clean.

If you plan to go after 530 on a weekday or anytime on the weekend let me know. I'm about 10 minutes away.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    When I'm told I can't keep what's mine to begin with (even I don't reload) they get my middle finger and none of my business.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    When I'm told I can't keep what's mine to begin with (even I don't reload) they get my middle finger and none of my business.
    In principle, I feel the same way. However, I have enough single shots, revolvers, rimfires, and aluminum-cased ammo for autopistols that such a range presents no practical problems for me.

The biggest practical problem I have with most indoor ranges is that they prohibit aluminum cases. This range solves that problem.

No range is perfect. As long as I can read the rules before I go and as long as the range sticks to the rules as written (something that doesn't always happen and earns my undying scorn), I'll decide to go or not on a case by case basis.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where

He's a retired LEO with a small 6 lane gun range. He's only open 4 days a week, hes providing a pretty good product for the community IMO. Its low cost & they're not jerks...at least not that I've seen in the 3 years I've been going there.

If they make a few extra bucks off my brass to keep the doors open, I dont care, for the price they charge its worth it me. I dont reload, but could see how someone that does could be affected.
    But the way I see it if the brass stays on the table it's yours, on the floor theirs.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Indoor range, I get this. Hotwells told me that as well after I shot a mag of 45. I told them my brass goes home with me. Mine is the big brass on the ground. If they'd like they can refund my money for the range fee and I'll be gone. They said okay. But only your own brass!
    I went there because I didn't have time to make it out to Tomball.

Top Bottom