• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    I have a monthly membership but I’m thinking of swapping over to the yearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stargazerlizzy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Houston
    Boyert is great! The Katy location is huge, and the people there are super helpful. One of their managers helped me find an outdoor range for a video shoot we did recently.

sigken

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Houston, TX
    They seem to have pretty aggressive deals for Black Friday.

I always curious about the membership. I mean for $45 per month, you'll need to go at least 3 times per month to break even. So unless you go every week, it doesn't make sense to get the membership. Do you guys have any insights?

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    They seem to have pretty aggressive deals for Black Friday.

I always curious about the membership. I mean for $45 per month, you'll need to go at least 3 times per month to break even. So unless you go every week, it doesn't make sense to get the membership. Do you guys have any insights?

Worth it for me as I go twice a week. I take classes too and get a discount on them. Cheaper FFL fees, better pricing on merchandise. Better Black Friday perks. Early access to sales. 1 free gun cleaning a month. Free holster qualification, if you want to draw from a holster. Ability to change target that’s included in range fee

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I've always been interested in a 'gun cleaning service' but, unless I get to watch, how can I be assured they don't do a quickie, poor job that upon cursory examination of their work looks good, but isn't - that had I known would have avoided and done it myself?

So, my question: Gilbert, ever watch them clean a firearm? If so, I'm guessing you were happy with the job they did?

Because, I'm so meticulous when it comes to cleaning my guns, it takes at least 30 minutes or more for me per gun.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    That perk confuses me.

Do they not allow non-members to bring their own targets?
    They allow that. But with each range fee they give you a generic target. If you’re a member you can switch it to a different design like a silhouette or a target that has the ocular vault and CNS marked. Or they have tic tac toe, pool and battleship

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Thanks for the clarification. I was there on opening day and the target they provided was some weird thing with multiple bulls descending in size. I hated it. Luckily, I had some plain old ISSF 50M targets which are what I prefer.

As long as I can get a single black bull in the middle or just a big, blank page, I'm happy. Anything more complicated confuses us senile old geezers.

ETA - I may be mixing it up with another place. If so, just more evidence if senility, I guess.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    They allow that. But with each range fee they give you a generic target. If you’re a member you can switch it to a different design like a silhouette or a target that has the ocular vault and CNS marked. Or they have tic tac toe, pool and battleship

Who needs more than one target?

I take a silhouette and put it up backwards, then apply 1" round dots.
    I think I used 10 dots yesterday shooting 300rds.
    Distance varied between 10-15 yds.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    I've always been interested in a 'gun cleaning service' but, unless I get to watch, how can I be assured they don't do a quickie, poor job that upon cursory examination of their work looks good, but isn't - that had I known would have avoided and done it myself?

So, my question: Gilbert, ever watch them clean a firearm? If so, I'm guessing you were happy with the job they did?

Because, I'm so meticulous when it comes to cleaning my guns, it takes at least 30 minutes or more for me per gun.

I’ve actually never used that perk. A guy I know has them clean his Mark III. I think they clean it in front of you, however I don’t know. I enjoy cleaning my guns after I shoot them. It’s relaxing.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    I mean except for the $15 FFL transfer, the rest is not really adding values for me. Thank you for the insights though!

If you reload, the ammo isn’t alluring. But usually for 9mm it’s priced right around 18¢ per round or 19¢ per.

One thing to mention: If you sign up on Black Friday for a full year, you will receive a DPMS Oracle (while supplies last) or 2 months free. It’s $550 up front for the full year.

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    If you reload, the ammo isn’t alluring. But usually for 9mm it’s priced right around 18¢ per round or 19¢ per.

One thing to mention: If you sign up on Black Friday for a full year, you will receive a DPMS Oracle (while supplies last) or 2 months free. It’s $550 up front for the full year.

Yeah that makes it tempting, plus a $15 FFL fee too.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Who needs more than one target
    I change targets every 50 rounds I fire so I can get a good clean look at placement. I usually zip the Target in every 50 rounds anyway for a close up examination so I just got used to changing it out. Costs me an extra 6 dollars per visit.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I change targets every 50 rounds I fire so I can get a good clean look at placement. I usually zip the Target in every 50 rounds anyway for a close up examination so I just got used to changing it out. Costs me an extra 6 dollars per visit.

As you wish, my way does the exact same for me.
    I usually put less than 50 rds into each 1" circle, when the circle is gone I shoot at the next one. Sometimes 10rds makes it disappear, sometimes more.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Damn, those are expensive targets.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    I’ve actually never used that perk. A guy I know has them clean his Mark III. I think they clean it in front of you, however I don’t know. I enjoy cleaning my guns after I shoot them. It’s relaxing.
    Another upside is you tend to inspect them for potential future issues while cleaning. It's like washing my own car; I still take to the place where I can get it washed every day for $20 mo. but I also go over it all myself looking for new chips, damage, leaks etc.

I'm probably weird that way.

Top Bottom