• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    After reading reviews, it seems like you either love it or hate it, but I'd like to hear from folks that actually have one. Anyone in the area have one and willing to let me look it over?
    Hurley's Gold

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    i had one.. had being the key word. the general comcept of the machine is good put the quality of it makes it suck. i never could get the primer feeder to work right, and if it wasnt that then it was the powder dispenser. then the thing would never cycle correctly. it seemed like once i got one thing working, another would break. i was on the phone with Lee for help and on every forum i knew trying to find someone or some way to make it work. i just got sick of it never working and always having to fiddle with it and sent it back to cabelas. i then decided to go with the single stange and have been using that for almost 3 years now with no regrets. im looking into the lee classic turret press. its not as fast as the progressive but a little faster than a single stage. just my .02

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I have one, still hav'nt set it up on the bench yet though. Next weekend I'll get it going though.

nolanwb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Rowlett, Texas
    After reading reviews, it seems like you either love it or hate it, but I'd like to hear from folks that actually have one. Anyone in the area have one and willing to let me look it over?

Well, first I have to say that I have been using some sort of progressive reloader for a bunch of years. I have two of the Lee Pro 1000's and have not had any trouble whatsoever. I can load as fast as any of the "big name" progressives, too. At present, since I've moved to the DFW area, I don't have them set up, but have load 38 - .357, .45, and 9mm on them.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Hey Dcav, did you make any progress with yours?
    Progress sure did, it is now in the girlfirends closet waiting for me to move in on Sunday lol. Gonna be cranking out 9mm reloads for the end of year meet in San Antonio. I'll post up the results.

mage2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    south of texas capitol
    That sure is interesting, I was reading reviews about this loader just a few hours ago.
    I am thinking it might be my xmas gift to me. I have a lee single stage now and it does its job with no complaints. the "auto" primer thing on the single stage is odd , so I just use the hand primer. I would do the same with the progressive loader i think cause its quick enough.

nolanwb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Rowlett, Texas
    That sure is interesting, I was reading reviews about this loader just a few hours ago.
    I am thinking it might be my xmas gift to me. I have a lee single stage now and it does its job with no complaints. the "auto" primer thing on the single stage is odd , so I just use the hand primer. I would do the same with the progressive loader i think cause its quick enough.

I always wonder about the complaints about the Lee priming setup on the progressive reloader. I've reloaded several thousand rounds on the Lee Pro-1000 without ANY priming problems--9mm, .38, and .45 ACP. If the primers aren't sliding down the chute to the priming post, why not dust a little powdered graphite there? I'm beginning to believe that some folks can have problems with anything... LOL

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I used one for a number of years myself...generally I didn't have any issues. From time to time primers wouldn't feed...or I would short stroke it and not seat the primer properly. But I did notice that it needed tending to to keep it running right. Too many parts are plastic.... It just didn't feel substantial. Now I have knocked out many rounds in .45acp, .38/.357 on it. Right now it is back in it's box...my XL650 just makes the whole operation easier.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    tried one once but i came to my senses and went blue for progressive lee makes great stuff but if you want a reliable accurate progressive you should buy dillon.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Ford is best...NO, buy a Chevy...NO, Dodge is Number 1...

It is all a matter of predisposed prospective resulting from personal bias...The only question is what can you afford that will get the job done safely and reliably. Some folks will swear a foreign made budget 1911 is better than a Colt and with the same breath tell you that a Dillon is far better than a LEE because quality cost more. What's up with that????

Four decades ago, I had a Rockchucker...solid, reliable, but reloading was SLOW! Fast-forward...a couple of years ago after much research, I bought a Lee Classic Turret and started loading .45. It took some getting used to to keep it cranking out rounds without having to stop every few. Then I added an Auto Disk Powder Measure with an adjustable charge bar and an Auto-Prime and I can crank out rounds a hell of a lot faster than when I used the single-stage Rockchucker. Always pay attention to the process and never assume. If it don't feel right or look right, then it ain't right!

When I was researching the LEE Classic Turret, I read a lot of the same things about it that I see here LEE sucks...Blue is best...buy Hornaday...No RCBS is Number 1. Maybe so...but now after mastering the LEE and cranking out thousands of .45 and 9mm on the LEE Classic Turret, I just cannot justify paying the HUNDRED$ of dollar$ more for the others and not get any better results than I do with the LEE. I have had excellent results with the turret press and when I upgrade to a progressive, it will be a LEE unless I stumble upon a better deal...and, I can put the money I save on powder, primers, and bullets.

Lastly, if you are one of the few folks who cannot keep the LEE machine working without having to stop and fix something every few rounds, then maybe it is the operator and not the machine.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    if your refering to what i said i didn't bad mouth lee or say anything about price or where it's made but dillon is better than lee for progressive machines and i also use rcbs and lee products as well, and yes ford is better than chevy or dodge and they didn't take any damn bailout money, don't take crap personal you sound like you own stock in lee and hate if someone say's that they like something better no body is bashing any body here so what's wrong with what i said, well actually i don't give a damn what you think, thats what i think have a nice day.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Why would you assume that I was directing my opinion at you? The OP was asking about the Lee Pro 1000 progressive reloading system and yours was just one of several posts making the claim that YOUR choice setup was better than the LEE when most of them are pretty much the same and will yield the same results once they have been mastered. That LEE does not cost as much as a Dillon or RCBS or Hornaday, and maybe it does have more issues than those more expensive setups, but in the hands of a skilled reloader who has experience with his machine, it don't mean squat.

And, NO, I do not own any stock in LEE...or Ford, Chevy, or Chrysler...and, when someone asks about a Dillon or RCBS, I don't tell them that they are way overpriced for what you get and that they should by a LEE either.

Peace, out

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I never said the lee was bad....I loaded numerous .45 acp, .38/357, and .44 mag rounds with it.
    If it was so bad I would have dumped it years ago. Now I started with a lyman single stage.
    I did find the lee somewhat limiting on the powder disks....the double disk set opened up more options.
    The case feed just took time to load up....whereas the dillon I dump a bucket of brass into it and go.
    The dillon just runs smoother and seems better built plus it will hand rifle cartridges too where as the lee
    was limited there.....about .223 sized rifle cartridges or smaller.

Dimonback

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Austin
    I've had a couple of Square Deal Bs, both bought used. While both reloaded thousands of rounds of .45 for me, I had sent the first one back to Dillon 3 times for broken parts. The second one I ended up just buying the kit in 2010 and doing the rebuild myself, since Dillon was so backed up they would take months to get to mine. I'm thinking about getting back into reloading so I can get back into competition, but I'm struggling with the Lee progressive/SDB question. A 550 is out of the question due to cost.

happy1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Surprise, AZ
    I've been using Lee for over 40 yrs now I' on my second progressive press now switched from three hole to four hole turret But I only use them as a single stage press.

Paul

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Luna2020
    Top Bottom