• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • weiss27md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Pflugerville, TX
    I used up my post 9/11 GI bill. I went to ACC for almost 2 years and ended up transferring to ITT Tech and just have an associates. Are there any programs out there? I've looked and there appears to be nothing. I'm trying to find a new job and it's very hard.
    Gun Zone Deals

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Did you look here?:

Vocational Rehabilitation.

http://www.benefits.va.gov/vocrehab/index.asp

Keep in mind Hazelwood can be given to one of your children. I never used mine. My youngest daughter is getting it.

The Legislature is now looking at that very thing. The original intent was to fund only Texas Veterans, then it got out of control with family members.

The Hazlewood program is deep in debt, and may not even be available to those who served in uniform.

Be well.

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    Late to the party and hopefully you have found something but just want to point out that you kind of pissed away the biggest benefit of military service and are now looking for a second bite at the apple.

dw257

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2016
    It seems that by being a prick some people overlook that the biggest benefit of military service is the satisfaction of serving one's country.

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    It seems that by being a prick some people overlook that the biggest benefit of military service is the satisfaction of serving one's country.
    Sorry I thought this was a room for adults...my mistake.

Poor attempt at deflection though as I never denigrated the OP's or anyone else's service and satisfaction is not a "benefit" that is provided for service. It is something internal to the individual.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Late to the party and hopefully you have found something but just want to point out that you kind of pissed away the biggest benefit of military service and are now looking for a second bite at the apple.

How does this comment help the OP? Kudos to you if you were able to use your GI Bill. I can personally attest to how fast that 10 years goes by. Not everyone is in the situation to return to college right after service. There are those that must enter the workforce directly after separation due to having to support a family. I tried grad school twice with my my GI bill but was forced to withdraw my classes on multiple occasions because of company travel.

So go ahead and pick on someone without taking the time to understand their situation.

W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    How does this comment help the OP? Kudos to you if you were able to use your GI Bill. I can personally attest to how fast that 10 years goes by. Not everyone is in the situation to return to college right after service. There are those that must enter the workforce directly after separation due to having to support a family. I tried grad school twice with my my GI bill but was forced to withdraw my classes on multiple occasions because of company travel.

So go ahead and pick on someone without taking the time to understand their situation.

W

It seems I understand his situation better then you do.

If you read what the OP posted, he clearly stated he USED UP his GI Bill (just not wisely) and was looking for other sources of funding to get a degree that might help him get a better job.

Also just checked and the OP hasn't logged in since Nov 2016, so I seriously doubt his feelings were hurt by my mean(?) comment.

Last edited:

Emccaff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2018
    Dallas
    A majority of schools have "yellow ribbon" scholarships. There are a lot of veteran internship programs too if you google.

Top Bottom