Hurley's Gold

Any opinions on the Mossberg 500 field gun in .410?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I'm thinking of getting one of these to round out my pump gun collection. Its probably not that practical but I rarely shot shotguns anymore and this one sounds interesting in .410. Might even help this 65 year old man as I get more sensitive to recoil.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. I also thought about a Steven M301 single shot just for grins but not a Hatfield.

Thanks
    Chris
    Target Sports

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    cporfe,

While I have owned & shot a 12-gauge of the same model, I've only fired the .410 & only then on a skeet range near Austin.

It seemed to be a miniature
    of the "big brother" & seemed equally sturdy.
    (I own a Model 42 Skeet Gun by Winchester, so I have no need to buy another small-bore pump.)

IF you have a yen for a .410, you could do much worse than a Mossberg 500, imo.

yours, satx

mleroyl

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Got one a few years back for the girls to shoot birds. Solid shotgun. No complaints. Girls shot many birds with it. Would recommend.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I'm thinking of getting one of these to round out my pump gun collection. Its probably not that practical but I rarely shot shotguns anymore and this one sounds interesting in .410. Might even help this 65 year old man as I get more sensitive to recoil.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. I also thought about a Steven M301 single shot just for grins but not a Hatfield.

Thanks
    Chris
    Uh for one, it’s another gun, so yes. I want one of these. I have a 20 gauge for the wife but want a pump 410 for the kiddo when he’s ready.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Thanks all for your thoughts. I looked at going prices on the Winchester mention above and they are astronomical! Couldn't afford one if I tried.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

Thanks
    Chris

The Mossberg is a solid choice.
    Affordable and available.
    Buy with confidence.

There are probably a bazillion single shot .410’s out there.
    Just about every manufacterer has produced one.
    Winchester, Savage/Stevens, H&R, Iver Johnson, Ithaca, etc all are great little guns. Any of them would be a good choice.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Thanks to all! Your support of the Mossberg 500 Field gun swayed me enough and I just ordered one from Academy. It'll be delivered to the store down-the-street from me in a week or so.

Chris

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    5C9CC098-0AB6-452B-857E-D1D1FC6A5187.jpeg
    Thanks to all! Your support of the Mossberg 500 Field gun swayed me enough and I just ordered one from Academy. It'll be delivered to the store down-the-street from me in a week or so.

Chris

Quig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2018
    Plano
    The mossberg 500 line is the best choice at its price point. Great choice. You may be looking at 20 guages in this line after you shoot it. It is absolutely in my opinion the best entry level and only choice at its price point. You have to spend $70 more to even compete with it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom