DK Firearms

Any Houston US Post Office employees on here? Or know someone that is? Help with a fraud situation!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Half the crap you say on a cell phone is captured and puts you on a list. For that matter everything posted online is sucked up.

Somewhere George Orwell is leaning back in a chair enjoying his beverage of choice and soaking up the feeling of I told you so vindication.
    Target Sports

Witsend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2019
    Austin
    Half the crap you say on a cell phone is captured and puts you on a list. For that matter everything posted online is sucked up.

Somewhere George Orwell is leaning back in a chair enjoying his beverage of choice and soaking up the feeling of I told you so vindication.
    I wish you were kidding. I didn't mind saying it because, if I'm not already on their lists, they need a new list keeper. Orwell may have vastly underestimated.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I wish you were kidding. I didn't mind saying it because, if I'm not already on their lists, they need a new list keeper. Orwell may have vastly underestimated.

I may have a relative or 3 and more than a few friends who won't discuss...any topic related to topics on this forum... either on voice conversations or text/emails on a cell phone.

Sad to say it, but I agree that those of us who have submitted Form 3s, and/or own any class III devices I'm pretty sure have been on whatever lists there are since they started keeping those records.

Witsend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2019
    Austin
    Might just be those of us on these lists who become necessary to get this country back at some point. Which, I guess is pretty obvious, why that puts us on them. At this point, I'm going to continue to believe Trump is going to put things back the way they go. Good guys with guns . . .

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    The problem with any of these...concepts...is that those of us who own real property, businesses, mortgages, have multiple families dependent on us, all of these things factor into any hypothetical discussion of 'taking the country back.'

It's hard to imagine what the founding fathers went through, but I think most of us imagine that since life was simpler back then, that the decision was less complicated. At the end of the the Revolutionary War, those men were able to go back and build a house from timber on their own land, and eke out a living raising crops thereon.

Today, I couldn't afford to pay just the property taxes on my primary residence if I were to lose everything (I'm assuming that were any 'civil' hostilities ever to break out here, that one of the first, or early, actions would be seizure of any accounts held in federally insured institutions by anyone purported to be involved with 'extremist' groups, and if it were someone like Hillary, Bootygauge, or booker in power, it would likely extend to family members and even possibly 'known associates,' etc), let alone any other properties.

For it to come to the point that men (and women), who are actively enmeshed in a productive life, to do more than vote and lobby/protest, I personally think it's going to take a LOT more than severe violations of the 2nd Amendment.

Witsend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2019
    Austin
    The problem with any of these...concepts...is that those of us who own real property, businesses, mortgages, have multiple families dependent on us, all of these things factor into any hypothetical discussion of 'taking the country back.'

It's hard to imagine what the founding fathers went through, but I think most of us imagine that since life was simpler back then, that the decision was less complicated. At the end of the the Revolutionary War, those men were able to go back and build a house from timber on their own land, and eke out a living raising crops thereon.

Today, I couldn't afford to pay just the property taxes on my primary residence if I were to lose everything (I'm assuming that were any 'civil' hostilities ever to break out here, that one of the first, or early, actions would be seizure of any accounts held in federally insured institutions by anyone purported to be involved with 'extremist' groups, and if it were someone like Hillary, Bootygauge, or booker in power, it would likely extend to family members and even possibly 'known associates,' etc), let alone any other properties.

For it to come to the point that men (and women), who are actively enmeshed in a productive life, to do more than vote and lobby/protest, I personally think it's going to take a LOT more than severe violations of the 2nd Amendment.
    That all sounds reasonable right up to the point where you say you couldn't afford the property tax. There in lies the problem. We don't own these homes under the current rule of law. It's not going to get better for our children by a long shot. Property bought and paid for, should by no means be taken away for any reason. I will, as will many others, gladly be the sacrifice for change that my son grows up in a better world. It can't continue like this. That is for certain. Many of those men went back broken if they went back at all.

Witsend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2019
    Austin
    In addition, it is the 2nd amendment that leaves any hope at all. It's there for exactly that purpose. They take it away and we missed our chance. Ask the Venezuelans they already know it was their last mistake. They were tricked into voluntarily giving them up because if, likely orchestrated by higher powers, gang violence. They thought they were doing the right thing

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    That all sounds reasonable right up to the point where you say you couldn't afford the property tax. There in lies the problem. We don't own these homes under the current rule of law. It's not going to get better for our children by a long shot. Property bought and paid for, should by no means be taken away for any reason. I will, as will many others, gladly be the sacrifice for change that my son grows up in a better world. It can't continue like this. That is for certain. Many of those men went back broken if they went back at all.

Preach it brother ...

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo

I agree, 100%.

My only issue is where is the demarcation point, wherein on one side, we re-fertilize the tree of liberty, and on the other, we are simply dead, branded a murderer, wives left destitute, and society marches on, unaware that there was even a larger issue at stake? For this type of thing to do any good, it cannot be a 1 off, isolated event. For it to actually do any good, it would require something like every single gun owner in America taking part, physically.

For it to get to that point seems like an almost insurmountable obstacle.

Top Bottom