Military Camp

Any "Bulls eye" matches in the Corpus area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rednekked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Rockport
    I'm new to the area. Retired and moved here from way up north (Dallas).
    I use to shoot in weekly bulls eye matches that were held in an indoor range. We weren't too serious and had a lot of fun with it. It was as much a social gathering as it was a shooting match.
    Just wondering if any such event happens in the Corpus Christi area. I have a new .22 pistol I'd like to shoot too.

Michael
    Texas SOT

rednekked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Rockport
    OK - It looks like I'm going to have to put this together myself. How many of you would like to shoot, informally, in a "league?"
    I'm in Rockport so that's were I'll try to find a place to shoot one evening a week, or perhaps one morning a week - for us retirees.
    Anyone interested in this?
    Michael

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Not in Corpus, but up in Dallas. Where were you shooting in Dallas?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

rednekked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Rockport
    I shot in the Fun Gun League at an indoor range in Plano. After a while we moved to the Dallas Gun Club, but the league died when the Dallas Club had legal problems.
    I don't know if there is any thing like this in the DFW area any more.
    I moved to Arizona a few years ago and shot in a senior group. Now living in the Corpus area and all I can find is Run& Gun matches with AR rifles (not for me!).

Best of luck,
    Michael

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    I shot in the Fun Gun League at an indoor range in Plano. After a while we moved to the Dallas Gun Club, but the league died when the Dallas Club had legal problems.
    I don't know if there is any thing like this in the DFW area any more.
    I moved to Arizona a few years ago and shot in a senior group. Now living in the Corpus area and all I can find is Run& Gun matches with AR rifles (not for me!).

Best of luck,
    Michael
    Thanks for the info Michael. I am just looking for something simple too.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

t-astragal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    College Station
    Just seeing this post. Austin Rifle Club holds monthly 2700 matches on the 3rd Sunday's. Bayou Rifles on the 4th Sunday's. Terrell Pistol and Rifle Club will be on 2nd Sunday's next year. Currently on 4th. Midland hosts on the 4th Saturday I believe. Amarillo, well I'm not sure but the hold monthly matches too. There's rumor of a club in San Antonio, but I'm not sure.

It's a great sport. It's not easy so popularity is down from decades ago, but there's a great group of shooters in this state.

Let me know if anyone wants more info on the sport or matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rednekked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Rockport
    I'm in Rockport- thats close to Corpus Christi.
    I usually shoot in New Branfels or the Austin Rifle Cub - but was looking for something under 3 hours away!
    I'm afraid postal is the only way to have a match in my area,
    Michael

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Back when I was competing and shooting regularly in Corpus, we went to the Hwy 44 gun range out by the airport. The guy that owned it used to be on the Romanian Olympic shooting team. Not sure what options are there now that they closed.

kacktus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2013
    V tach is the owner of arandas firearms and has graciously hosted a few events for the locals down in the area.
    Im unsure of the state of the range due to the huricane.

Tony where you at?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Here.....and apologies for missing this thread. range is open, but a lot of the sound abatement tiles are down from being wet. We are currently awaiting a new roof and don't want to replace the tiles until we know they won't get wet again. It is a little louder than normal.

I am not opposed to having some kind of competition/matches. Getting anyone to attend is the problem. Just not a lot of interest in our area. We have had folks talk about .22 matches ect, but has never generated enough interest to even get started.

The last free range day I tried to schedule for TGT members had zero takers. Most live in Corpus and we don't allow rifles other than pistol calibers are just a couple of the reasons and are quite valid reasons and understandable. Trying to schedule a day that fits everyone's need is challenging. Sundays work best for us since we are closed. But a lot of folks work weekends, church ect.

Since Harvey, it's been really slow for the range/shop. Everyone here is trying to get their lives and homes back in order. Maybe early in 2018 we can try again to get something with some kind of competition going and even have another free TGT Members only day.

Of course everyone is always welcome stop by from TGT anytime any day........

rednekked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Rockport
    V-Tach - I'll come to the range after the first of the year(I'm assuming you are the only indoor range in Rockport/Fulton). Maybe we can drum up some interest with the Winter Texans.

Michael

kacktus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2013
    Sorry to hear about the range.
    Was your home ok?
    Ive been lacking on shooting for the last three months, trying to get my house rebuilt and the shop in port a rebuilt.
    But glad to see your open and alive.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    rednekked, we are the only range in Rockport, indoors or out......there is Mr. Schwenke's out door range in Aransas Pass (200 yards).......please do stop by and we'll kick some ideas around....see if we can get some people motivated...even me....

Kactus, the house needs a roof and some siding, but it held together well otherwise....we rode the storm out with all the inventory from the shop in it out in Lamar........good luck with your repairs and rebuilding....we are all still fighting with the insurance companies here too.......

rednekked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Rockport
    OK. I"ll come by next week. I'm familiar with Schwenke's and have planned to stop in you place for the last year.
    Have a Happy Christmas and we'll talk next week.
    Michael

kacktus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2013
    My neighbor and i rode it out in aransas pass, worst decision of my life. I couldnt imagine what it was like Where your at. Should be moving back into the house tuesday. If you need anything or help hollar at me.

Top Bottom