• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    So while on a call with a customer when we both were waiting for a 10 minute download to complete he strikes up a conversation about firearms. I join in and we talk a bit about it. Apparently that was too much to deal with for one of my coworkers so they reported me to my manager who then told me it was not appropriate to talk about that subject even if a customer brings it up. I told them I would not discuss it again but that I thought it was amusing that someone in the office complained about it. Our main office is based in CA so some of their liberal crap can be felt in the office here even though we are in the great state of Texas.
    DK Firearms

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    So while on a call with a customer when we both were waiting for a 10 minute download to complete he strikes up a conversation about firearms. I join in and we talk a bit about it. Apparently that was too much to deal with for one of my coworkers so they reported me to my manager who then told me it was not appropriate to talk about that subject even if a customer brings it up. I told them I would not discuss it again but that I thought it was amusing that someone in the office complained about it. Our main office is based in CA so some of their liberal crap can be felt in the office here even though we are in the great state of Texas.

Is it in the employee handbook...i'm the type that would push the verbiage of company policy.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Is it in the employee handbook...i'm the type that would push the verbiage of company policy.

Our handbook is large as I work for a large company with a global presence so it might be in there. I could make a stink about it but it's not worth it as there is no one else that is interested in firearms there to carry on a conversation about it anyway. If they want to create their false little CA utopia here in the office they can do that but eventually they have to leave the office and enter the real state of Texas.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If I am the customer in question I would call your boss and tell him your company is fired. Business 101, the customer is always right. Guns, politics, sports, you agree with customer and close the deal.

When I am in Pittsburgh, the Steelers are the best, When in Boston, the Pats are the best. Someone thinks Tiger Woods is great, you bet!

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    If I am the customer in question I would call your boss and tell him your company is fired. Business 101, the customer is always right. Guns, politics, sports, you agree with customer and close the deal.

When I am in Pittsburgh, the Steelers are the best, When in Boston, the Pats are the best. Someone thinks Tiger Woods is great, you bet!
    I've always pictured you as an easy-going person.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I've always pictured you as an easy-going person.

I am, and if someone I am GIVING my money to tells me we cannot talk about lawful activities I enjoy, I would find someone who can.

I have a near exact opposite story. I had a customer ask me if I was the same Renegade as he saw on the Glock GSSF web site for those competitions. I was. We talked, he got into Glocks, GSSF, and we had a mutually beneficial relationship. Imagine if I had to scold him and tell him that discussion of guns was not allowed on company property or by company employees......

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    There is constant gun talk where I work at. A lot of people are veterans and if the civilians or liberals don't like it, they can suck my balls. I have to put up with all their gay pride fudge packer signs in the hallways and anti-white diversity garbage, they can deal with us talking about ARs or about the rabbit I blasted with my 12 ga the other day. **** em.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    There is constant gun talk where I work at. A lot of people are veterans and if the civilians or liberals don't like it, they can suck my balls. I have to put up with all their gay pride fudge packer signs in the hallways and anti-white diversity garbage, they can deal with us talking about ARs or about the rabbit I blasted with my 12 ga the other day. **** em.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    something something 1st amendment.
    Something something 1A does not apply in private company. That said, I just conversed with one of our board members about gun laws. She brought up all the active shootings and we don't agree but she won't rat me out to HR.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I've stated before, company policy is no weapons, but neither the building or office is posted.
    Everybody else can carry.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Was there anything left of that rabbit to eat?

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Everyone in my office carries and brings their guns into the building. It clearly states in our company handbook that no weapons are allowed. Our office building doesn't have a sign posted, not sure how this would fall if it were to be an issue. Anyway, they would have to fire all of us including the Dallas HQ manager, considering how stupid the people at Atlanta HQ are I have a feeling they wouldn't make it an issue. They actually sent a rep from Atlanta HQ down to our office to find out why we are more productive than they are with half the staff that they employ, lol. I can soundly say that they haven't figured it out yet.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom