• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I'm not a huge horse racing fan, but do enjoy going now and again and usually watch all the Triple Crown races. And I tend to agree. Got a little out of his lane in the turn, but I didn't see anything egregious to warrant disqualification at all and have seen way worse that ended up with nothing.

Like Harry Hogg said, "Rubbin's racin'."

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    My uncle has a connection to dancers image the one that was disqualified for substance abuse. Dancers image was from his line of horses Indian plumage Indian dancer dancers image.

I I think your decision today was correct the horse did come out to two three four lanes wide and even though it was the the crowd that scared him he still interfered with the other horse not the winner but the other one.

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    I'm not a huge horse racing fan, but do enjoy going now and again and usually watch all the Triple Crown races. And I tend to agree. Got a little out of his lane in the turn, but I didn't see anything egregious to warrant disqualification at all and have seen way worse that ended up with nothing.

Like Harry Hogg said, "Rubbin's racin'."

I've never seen such a farcical decision in all my life. The interference was so far before the finish line and the winning margin was so considerable there was no way Maximum Security should have been disqualified. In the UK the result would stand and even in France I have no doubt it would stand too. I think maybe there were other invested interests involved. The stewards deserve to be shot!!...well at least fired (relieved of their positions) Decide for yourselves
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles...o-replay-times-chart-triple-crown-predictions

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Raised around race horses my entire life.
    Spent much of my teenage years as an exercise boy.
    Loaded and headed my first horse out of a starting gate at 14.
    Watched the race, the slo-mo, and the after-math.

Considering the condition of the track, IMO this is a travesty as well as an exercise in CYA.

The fastest horse in the race by stopwatch, and the first to cross the finish line, did not win. Seems like more athletic competitions are being decided by referees/judges after the fact.

So WTF bother at all ...

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The fastest horse in the race by stopwatch, and the first to cross the finish line, did not win. Seems like more athletic competitions are being decided by referees/judges after the fact.

The other oddity is the horse that was awarded the win, was not horse that was supposedly fouled.

In other words, the horse awarded the win lost fair and square to the fouler, and the horse that was fouled got nothing, other than moving up one place when the winner was DQ’d.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    All I know about horse racing is that they shut down the Keebler treehouse and the elves ride the horses around real fast.

Can someone explain to me why they disqualified the horse?

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    He came over to block a horse that was gaining. his legs looked to be inside the other horse's legs. Could have caused a hell of a pile-up. The rules were clearly violated. It's supposed to be a professional sport.

Last edited:

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    I wonder if we'll see any lawsuits from people with winning tickets that became losing tickets by this decision.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

In the UK if there is any interference in the finishing distance it goes to the stewards with jockeys involved to plead their case. If they think it prevented the losing horse from winning the placings can but not always be reversed. Disqualification is exceptionally rare. Even if the result stands the jockey can receive a suspension of 3-12 days. Sometimes in big race situations jockeys breach the whip rules and get hauled before the stewards accepting a small suspension in order to win for owners. In France any interference whatsoever results in places being reversed period. I think the interference in the Derby was too far from the post to be a consideration,...They should look at the bumping that happens over fences in jump racing!!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Hall of Fame Jockey Jerry Bailey made it clear to me. Bailey said to disregard the riders and the horses heads. Look only at the feet of the horses. Two horses were fouled and the culprit was DQ'd.

The fouls were committed before that impressive lead opened up, but the DQ had already been earned. You can block another horse, but you can't trip another mount.

Two things are unmistakable:
    It's a miracle that no Human or animal was injured. Let's be thankful for that!

Why in Hell do they start 19 horses out of the gate? That's just a recipe for disaster!

Flash

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    He came over to block a horse that was gaining.
    Learn that on the interwebz, or from riding a racehorse?

Horses are instinctively good at judging the conditions of where that next foot goes, even at full speed and on a sloppy track, and even more so when they are in the lead.

Their first tendency/instinct is to move toward more solid footing, as well as shy away from unusual circumstances.

Why? Look at the placement of a horse's eyes on it's head. A horse is basically totally blind right in front of its nose.

Again, that instinct is even moreso when they are not following.

his legs looked to be inside the other horse's legs. Could have caused a hell of a pile-up.
    Did it?

Once the horses are a few strides out the gate that is a rare happening, and, as we clearly saw, even on a sloppy track.

This was not the House Intel committee ... could have don't count.

The rules were clearly violated. It's supposed to be a professional sport.

This was an animal race, not NASCAR.
    Too bad the stewards were not "professional" ...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Karlac, I wish I had your knowledge and experience! I've watched racing and harness racing all of my life but watching isn't the same as doing.

All I recognized was the tangling of the legs and that the first Jockey stood up to steady his mount. I recognized the impending disaster that was present before the lead opened up. It could have been ugly and it's a tribute to the Jockeys who saved the day!

OK..... I'm asking. What is YOUR call on this DQ?

Flash

Top Bottom