ARJ Defense ad

Airsoft/BB/Pellet gun to practice tigger control?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    I'm trying to compile ways to practice my trigger control on handguns.

Since I'm really bad at actually going to the range and love to shoot in quantity and not quality, I though I would try to practice at home. I've thought about getting a mid size revolver to dryfire as there wouldn't be a need to reset the trigger and I've been told if you can master the trigger on a revolver you are set. But that's probably $400+ for one. I know there are some bb clones of real guns, like SIG and M&P, but I don't know if they're any good. I was hoping someone here used one for this purpose. I used to have some kind of 1911 C02 copper bb gun, but the trigger was like 10lbs and the longest trigger you could imagine. Some of these seem tempting as they're only $40-$100

Thanks,
    Higgins909

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Balance a quarter on the top of whatever your using and practice pulling the trigger till it doesnt fall off.

Without using your actual weapon, smooth straight pulls to the rear is the best you can do.

There is alot that goes into trigger pull. Hand strength, muscle memory, anticipation, flinch, reset and fatigue.

The downside to only using a revolver with a heavy DA pull is that if your carry gun is not a revolver with a heavy DA trigger pull you can really phuck up under stress. There are dozens of videos on people who switched to striker or SA guns accidentally firing them. That's one reason why I think its ignorant to rotate your carry gun thru different type actions. I've seen too many really experienced proficient shooters make this error. That's a different topic for another day.

Dry fire is great and important but muscle memory, familiarity with your gun and actually shooting it are just as important. Also when you stick your booger hook on the kill switch is paramount. People get lazy if they are used to the heavy revolver trigger. Lazy kills .

From what I understand there are a couple of the higher end air soft guns that use actual trigger parts from the manufacturer. If they also use the same safety components and geometry then your golden for dry fire. Still there is no substitute for actual shooting to develop the complete package. For self defense carry you dont need the 10s of thousands of rounds some comp shooters go thru each year

The fact you care is a great first step.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You can’t control Tiggers. They bounce all over the place on their tails and act crazy no matter what you do.

Best just to leave them be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom