• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It's also a thin walled block. The heads are thin cast too. Like Ford was doing with their cast iron blocks. A two bolt main has been shown to handle upwards of 500hp. That doesn't mean break. It's more to the main caps stretching and shifting around. Jacking bearings up and the crank with it. The block will split before the crank comes out the bottom.

If block structure is a concern. The LS1 engine addresses all the short comings of the 5.7 V8. It has a side skirt with side bolted mains. Super ridged.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Meanwhile, I would drop $50 on a snake oil gasket sealer from ORiellys and drive it until it starts leaking again instead of blowing it up on the road.

I’ve thought of that, but here’s my concern:
    I put a new radiator in the truck.

The equipment level - rear AC, tow package - means it was a ridiculous $450. And I’m hesitant to pour anything into it that may clog up the passages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I’ve thought of that, but here’s my concern:
    I put a new radiator in the truck.

The equipment level - rear AC, tow package - means it was a ridiculous $450. And I’m hesitant to pour anything into it that may clog up the passages.

Another shade tree trick that won't hurt it. Black Pepper. The fine ground stuff. Add a tablespoon to the radiator. The pepper will congregate at leaks and seals it. It's temporary. It's also an emergency fix if the radiator gets a hole. Pepper will get you home.

The radiator, heater core and hoses should be flushed before being hooked to a new motor. The old motor is full of crap. From rust to coolant crud. It gets circulated as is. With a new motor, the system needs a good cleaning. Replace the antifreeze about every 2-3 years after that.

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Update:
    I found the ultimate solution...my contractor just bought it from me LOL

He gave me a price I couldn’t resist, $4k which is almost double KBB valuation for a 99 Burb with 140k miles

Really didn’t want to sell it...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom