• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'm my first 50 years, I drank enough beer to qualify as a professional. Then, I found red wine and had an affair with it. Beer was my first, wine my mistress. Sadly, gout entered my life in a big way and huge changes in diet followed, including several years without a drop of alcohol and an almost total ban on seafood. If you've had gout, you understand. Mine affected both ankles, but primarily the one I had injured when young.

Now, I look forward to a good sipping whiskey on the weekends. I have not had a beer or glass of wine in over five years.

What is your experience and/or preference in adult beverages? I figure I would be wealthy had I just limited myself to Diet Coke!

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I am your old gout brother. I had it in both feet at once a few years back..and one of my old pals had it in every joint in his body and they hauled him off in an ambulance. What is it your wanting to know about the ailment? I learned too much beer was my trigger. Whiskey and wine is ok. Strawberries are a culprit according to my new smart Hindu doctor. Allopurinal is for everyday and some other stuff if for acurte flareups. .

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm my first 50 years, I drank enough beer to qualify as a professional. Then, I found red wine and had an affair with it. Beer was my first, wine my mistress. Sadly, gout entered my life in a big way and huge changes in diet followed, including several years without a drop of alcohol and an almost total ban on seafood. If you've had gout, you understand. Mine affected both ankles, but primarily the one I had injured when young.

Now, I look forward to a good sipping whiskey on the weekends. I have not had a beer or glass of wine in over five years.

What is your experience and/or preference in adult beverages? I figure I would be wealthy had I just limited myself to Diet Coke!
    More unhealthy than alcohol.

Red wine is amazing with Italian and salmon. My favorite so far is https://www.totalwine.com/wine/red-wine/red-blend/dreaming-tree-crush-red-blend/p/118459750

My body craves beer during the summer. After working in the sun all day, a few beers with salt, pickle juice or green olives is a must. I enjoy heavy beers in the winter.

I have a homemade Margarita recipe that is damn good. I can only stomach a couple... too much salt and sugar. Wife loves them.... works out in my favor sometimes;)

I shoot all liquor. I can never sip it. I like it straight to the brain.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Allopurinol is hard on the liver over time. Colchizine works for a flare but will leave you afraid to pass gas for fear of filling your pants.

I like to sip on a decent Canadian Whisky on weekends as I sit by a nice fire to relax.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Frozen Margaritas are my choice. At an open bar, I go with Jack and Coke or Rum and Coke. I hate beer. Wine is ok IF I have to.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Morning-Tequila Sunrise or White Russian
    Lunch- Frozen Rum Drinks or Margaritas on the rocks
    Dinner-Dark Whiskey mixed with Coke or Dr. Pepper, or a margarita (I’m not picky)

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I love most all beers but in the past year or so I've gotten into Makers mark mixed with diet 7Up. Refreshing is the best description. Margaritas are great with mexican food. The best sipping whiskey I've had is Angel's Envy. It IS heavenly.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I might have had a six pack in the last year. Maybe.

Every once in a while a beer sounds really good. The first half of it is too.

Beyond that meh. Don't really care for any of it.

I come from a long line of drinkers but never really developed a taste for it.

Y'all enjoy.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Everclear 190 proof is my main go to booze. I'll drink vodka & gin, but don't but it for the house. No marketing to run the price up like premium booze.1/2 gallon of ever clear is $35.00. 190 proof means all the impurities have been distilled off. You can cut it in half with water & have vodka.

The high proof means you need less including mixers. I'll do it wit tonic water & lime or juices. Hell you can't find decent shine this cheap! And you don't have to worry about lead or revenue men.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    In the Winter I prefer Jim Beam Black on the rocks.

In the Summer I like Gin Martinis.

As for Gout, I had a coworker named Graham who suffered from it.

Another coworker, Keith, came in one day complaining of severe foot pain.

Graham, in his expertise, “diagnosed” Keith as suffering from gout. Graham gave Keith some of his gout medication and told him he should be better in a few days.

Poor Keith hobbled around in extreme pain for about a week before going to the doctor.

The doctor examined his foot and told him, “you don’t have gout, you have a broken foot!”

From then on, we called him Dr. Graham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Don't have a gout story yet, but ...

Basically quite drinking beer after quitting smoking, cold turkey, after a 30 year habit, on Nov 16, 1991 at 1:32AM ... precisely. :)

Found the next day I couldn't drink a beer without a cigarette, or three, to puff on.

Switched to red wine and have since proudly turned into a full blown, discerning wine snob ... deluxe variety.

Buy all my wine at Sam's: get two 1 1/2 liter bottles of St Genevieve "Texas Red" (from Fort Stockton, TEXAS) for $9.98.

Wine $nob discernment, at its finest ...

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Don't have a gout story yet, but ...

Basically quite drinking beer after quitting smoking, cold turkey, after a 30 year habit, on Nov 16, 1991 at 1:32AM ... precisely. :)

Found the next day I couldn't drink a beer without a cigarette, or three, to puff on.

Switched to red wine and have since proudly turned into a full blown, discerning wine snob ... deluxe variety.

Buy all my wine at Sam's: get two 1 1/2 liter bottles of St Genevieve "Texas Red" (from Fort Stockton, TEXAS) for $9.98.

Wine $nob discernment, at its finest ...

A few years ago,around Thanksgiving , our local Albertsons was having a going out of business sale.

My wife went over after picking our kids up from school to check out the deals. She called me to tell me that they were selling all of their wine for $2/bottle.

I asked her how many she bought.

She got 50 bottles.

That was a fun Holiday Season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I like beer and used to drink a lot of it on a daily basis. 6 or 7 every day and more on weekends. Now days, two is the limit. Drank a little white wine in Germany, but that was 20 years ago. Can't remember the last time I had any hard spirits, at least 40 years.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I might have had a six pack in the last year. Maybe.
    Every once in a while a beer sounds really good. The first half of it is too.
    Beyond that meh. Don't really care for any of it.
    I come from a long line of drinkers but never really developed a taste for it.

Y'all enjoy.

Yep, my dad kept a pony keg in the pool house year round.
    Me, I can't stand beer.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Bud/Bud light, Miller/Miller light, Coors, most the crap that America drinks. I use to drink it when I was young & didn't know much. Work 20 years in a seasonal beer garden & got educated. I'm still not a huge "beer " drinker, but There are a few I'll drink from time to time.

One of my best friends is a chef & he turned me onto a lot of tastier choices.

Top Bottom