• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I think this suppressor might be fairly new, but I was hoping to hear some feedback. No reviews that I could find online. I'm trying to keep it short and light weight for a 12.5" just did. Here's where it will live.

r6g0acQh.jpg

It checks all the boxes for my next want- weight, length, and DB's.

Anyone taken a chance on one of these? https://www.silencershop.com/aac-ranger-5-mini.html

The Advanced Armament Ranger 5 Mini is an ultra-compact silencer for CQC rifles and carbines chambered in .223/5.56. It's fully-welded Inconel 718 and 17-4 Stainless Steel baffles provides durability on short barrels and under intensive schedules of fire. Now with overbore baffles for 6mm and HUB threads, the suppressor can be installed and removed in seconds to your favorite mounting system. Although it's made for a very compact footprint, it significantly reduces the sound and flash signatures. On 10.3" or longer barrels, it's below the 140 decibel threshold for OSHA safety standards with best in class sound reduction.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:​

• Weight: 9.84 oz
    • Length: 4.98"
    • Material: 718 Inconel & 17-4 Stainless Steel
    • Finish: Black Cerakote
    • Full Auto Rated!

Target Sports

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    Have not heard any reviews on it either. I'm a big fan of the Dead Air Sandman S though which may be a bit longer and heavier for you. The Dead Air Sandman K is ~3 ounces heavier and about a half inch longer than the AAC Ranger mini but would be worth looking into as well. Have had good experiences with the few Dead Airs I own.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I have an S a
    Have not heard any reviews on it either. I'm a big fan of the Dead Air Sandman S though which may be a bit longer and heavier for you. The Dead Air Sandman K is ~3 ounces heavier and about a half inch longer than the AAC Ranger mini but would be worth looking into as well. Have had good experiences with the few Dead Airs I own.
    I have an S already with about 8 or so muzzle brakes and hiders. Originally I wanted a Sierra 5, but I'm having 2nd thoughts after all the Dead Air problems.

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    Curious, what problems were you having with them? I have the Sandman S, Wolfman, and Mask. I use them all heavily and have yet to have any issues.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Curious, what problems were you having with them? I have the Sandman S, Wolfman, and Mask. I use them all heavily and have yet to have any issues.
    Serious baffle strikes. Might not have been the can and I've run it since and it's been fine. I read and heard from many with the same issues with the S and the Sierra 5 has really got people fired up. I had good customer service but many haven't. Who knows, I might buy something from them again but I'd like to see how it all plays out first.

The story I heard was they were having issues with one of the welding contractors they dealt with. They don't build in house.

Next investment is in several calibers of alignment rods.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Anyone who fired a round through a suppressor before checking concentricity gets what they get and can't throw a fit. It's too cheap, fast and easy of a step to skip.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom