• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    So glad I found the local meeting of this national club!

https://www.agirlandagun.org/

Use this thread to share experiences and progress of any local group meetings and ask questions.

I received a lot of help last month. My instructor and her daughter slow motion videoed my finger squeezing the trigger to see exactly what I was doing wrong to miss my mark.

This month I was lots better!
    Guns International

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    5E8604EE-3017-4D8D-99D7-28F6F7602D8C_zps1t5ha9vr.jpg

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Looks like great shooting to me!

Need details on gun, ammo, distance, etc?

Remind me to never make you angry. ;)

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks guys! This was just at three yards, but that's what we tend to train at for self defense as she explained it to me. Although we have moved back a bit to simulate shooting down a bedroom hallway, around a bedroom door jam in your home, etc.

Glock 26, 9 mm federal white box ammunition. Trigger weight was lightened recently with an aftermarket kit. Stock sights but I hope to have my Trueglo sights next month.

One thing I got help with tonight is that I was having trouble with how ergonomically it made sense to have positioned (on my belt) my extra carry mag the bullets with facing towards my front, considering the way I was grabbing for the mag at my waist and coming up towards the gun to change mags. She worked on it with me and I was doing some kind of weird extra half twist with my wrist or something when I bring it up to change mags. Had to fix that. Anyway, I'll keep working on that.

She always talks a lot of crap if you admit to not dry firing since the last meeting. She's kind of a hard ass about that lol.

which is good

Also got to check out another member's Christmas present. A very nice range bag. Come on 'Mother's Day' gift...

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks again y'all. I was just looking at their site and it seems our chapter is one of 28 groups in Texas.

I wish I had a lot of $$$ for more guns and training and travel (and time to spare) because the national group does a three gun workshop that sounds amazing. But what I am doing now is ok to keep me moving forward, I'm happy to be doing something to get better every month.

I think that things like three gun may be for someone younger in better shape too. I mean, I could work to get in shape but I don't know if people really do those kind of matches when they get older. They look like they take a lot of endurance along with skill.

I'd like to try some of the matches my kids do, the steel challenges ones to start. I could do those. Area 59 or Pearland Shooting Club or Greenwood range. Yay for options.

Last edited:

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I think that things like three gun may be for someone younger in better shape too. I mean, I could work to get in shape but I don't know if people really do those kind of matches when they get older. They look like they take a lot of endurance along with skill.

I'd like to try some of the matches my kids do, the steel challenges ones to start. I could do those. Area 59 or Pearland Shooting Club or Greenwood range. Yay for options.

Do it. You're competition against yourself. It will make you a better shooter and you'll have some fun.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Have not done any matches yet. Went to my group in Brazoria. I shot better again this time (than I did in December. Thank goodness.)

I was happy to shoot this way at five yards. I had dry fired a bit beforehand, which was a good idea.
    Our trainer gave us all a free dispenser of pepper spray today.
    307505DB-6857-4A03-A421-6F5B396CBCC8_zpsbz0xck2k.jpg

Last edited:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Nicely nicely done. . Join us on a monthly shoot and you can bang the. 308.
    AND THE GREATEST PISTOL OF ALL THE 1911

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Julianna Crowder has done an amazing job with AG&G. For any women out there that are on the fence, or if you just don't know where to get started with firearms, I HIGHLY recommend checking out a AG&G club near you. It's a great, low-pressure, relaxed way to get into firearms, without having to deal with the usual testosterone-induced intimidation you might find with a lot of groups and ranges.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    My instructor is so great. Today she taught the cutest lady from Venezuela how to shoot for the first time (the right way). She LOVED it!!! And the lady was saying all these little comments about how much fun she was having! And laughing...
    and huge grin on her face. It was really really amazing to watch her first time shooting. (Started with a .22 and moved up from there.)

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Congrats and glad AG&G has changed.
    The wife's experience with the chapter here in Ft. Worth wasn't so great.

Top Bottom