• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I tried shooting a Hi-Point once. Couldn't hit anything with it. But it could have been that bag I was wearing over my head so people wouldn't recognize me carrying a Hi-Point.
    Gun Zone Deals

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    My friends brother is a total asshole. He "traded" him a hi-Point .380 for a 12 gauge 870. Poor bastard...

I took a look at the design and was mesmerized at how that thing was so scantily put together. It's a miracle the thing doesn't self-destruct after a single cartridge.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Arrrggghhhh...I have to fess up...I own a 40 S&W Hi Point. Oh the shame and humiliation of it all. Actually it resides in my shop where it stands guard against nefarious perpetrators of violence. It's accurate enough and reliable and if need be in an emergency I can use it as a boat anchor.

They also make a pretty good jam box I'm told.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    I think Iraqveteran8888 did a torture tests on a Hi-Point. Amazing the stuff they had to do to kill it.

The pins that go through the frame didn't even run through it perpendicularly! It wasn't even close to 90* it was like 73.8* or some crazy bull shit. When I put it back together it felt like.......

Well, I tried to find a Google image that fits what I'm trying to describe but all I get are a bunch of pics of naked chicks. Shit must be broke.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The pins that go through the frame didn't even run through it perpendicularly! It wasn't even close to 90* it was like 73.8* or some crazy bull shit. When I put it back together it felt like.......

Well, I tried to find a Google image that fits what I'm trying to describe but all I get are a bunch of pics of naked chicks. Shit must be broke.

What is wrong with that, sounds like YOU must be broke, lol.....

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I won't lie I got a hipoint to throw in the tackle box/take bowfishing so I didn't drop a nice pistol in the lake. It's surprisingly accurate and has never hiccuped. I've even taken it to the range without hiding my face and shot better than folks with way nicer pistols.

A guns a gun if it hits where you aim who cares.

Still a pos though design wise.

Last edited:

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    I won't lie I got a hipoint to throw in the tackle box/take bowfishing so I didn't drop a nice pistol in the lake. It's surprisingly accurate and has never hiccuped. I've even taken it to the range without hiding my face and shot better than folks with way nicer pistols.

A guns a gun if it hits where you aim who cares.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I'd be happy to run across a loaded Hi-point in the zombie apocalypse, but I'd probably bitch about it more than the hoard trying to kill me.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Yeah, don't get me wrong. I'd be happy to run across a loaded Hi-point in the zombie apocalypse, but I'd probably bitch about it more than the hoard trying to kill me.

I don't shoot mine, but it's a hell of a lot better than nothing if a snake or gator pop up

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW

Glocks are ugly to but they still shoot well and are a solid tool. Looks aren't everything.

The one turn off with Hi-Points is their horrible magazine design. The most likely point of failure in an autoloader and this is the area they fall down in. If you don't like the factory mags there is always ProMags! :facepalm:

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I have good pistols for when it really counts, but I've used my hipoint pod enough to know till function if I need to pop a critter

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    That's fine mines one of the few that work. Besides if I throw it in the tackle box I'm usually going fishing where you don't really see people just gators, and snakes.

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    "Basically.....$#@!ing sucks" Bahahahaha

If you polish a turd....it becomes an expensive, highly altered turd!

Many moons ago I was told by an old and wise Indian chief that if you did polish a turd, it would come apart in your hand. The moral of the story is thus, if you see a turd just laying around, do not pick it up and attempt to polish it. Pretty sound advise.

Top Bottom