• ...and so much more!
  • Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Re: 300 AAC Blackout Uppers Cheep

Honestly there is no reason for them not to be as cheep as any 5.56 upper.
    It's the new 30-30. Why not flood the market with them and revolutionize the hunting and shooting industry?

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Re: 300 AAC Blackout Uppers Cheep

That's cheaper than it was for me to re-barrel my M4 upper into a .300blk.
    On the other hand: I got the faster twist for the heavier sub sonic bullets. The gas port was the length I wanted, and I used a low profile gas block underneath a Spectre length handguard.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    That's cheaper than it was for me to re-barrel my M4 upper into a .300blk.
    On the other hand: I got the faster twist for the heavier sub sonic bullets. The gas port was the length I wanted, and I used a low profile gas block underneath a Spectre length handguard.
    I'd agree that this isn't for someone wanting to customize. I'd be nice to find barrels of different lengths and port lengths for well under $200.

Brit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    New Braunfels
    I think the conceptual nature of the 300blk serves a purpose, and if properly followed thru, would be a nice addition to the market. However; it looks like the big manufacturers have already "shit the bed" in regards to offering affordable, plentiful ammo choices for these new platform. This is the same thing that happened to the 6.8SPC. :(

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    However; it looks like the big manufacturers have already "shit the bed" in regards to offering affordable, plentiful ammo choices for these new platform.

I disagree. It may take some time for it to get as popular as more mainstream cartridges are right now, but there is a lot out there for it. Remington is doing more for it than they are doing for their .30 AR round. As more people get exposed, barrels become available, drop in kits cheapen (as in this thread) it should take off.

Here is Midway's listing of 4 offerings.
    Find - MidwayUSA

Ables has a few.
    Able Ammo

Sportsmans guide has it.
    Sportsman's Guide - Discount Hunting Gear, Discount Hunting Boots, Discount Shoes, Discount Ammunition, Discount Ammo, Discount Boots, Military Surplus, Outdoor Gear at The Sportsman's Guide

Some others,
    Advanced Armament Corp 21509 Blackout 300 AAC Blackout 220Gr Full Metal Jacket Subsonic 20 200 101679 - ManVenture Outpost, LLC

As with all new things, it takes a bit of time to get everyone on board. But for the most part, it's running 1$ a round, which is not bad for hunting bullets.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    now can you just through in a BCG and it fit fine? do you have to check for headspace, have it fitted? Common sense tells me yes.

The barrel is headspaced at the factory before the barrel extension is pinned in place, so for the most part you are GTG.

Top Bottom