• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrooperKbC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I would check MidwayUSA. Here is a link to their 230gr+ 45 pistol ammo: http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Bro...19785***9015***7563***&sortBy=RetailPrice asc

I have had the same question, as I am new to reloading and have a .45 that I want to use 230gr with. Unfortunately, MidwayUSA groups all .45" bullets together and some are .451" while others may be .454". I'm not sure if they are all usable or if we need .452". Maybe someone more experienced can clarify. Otherwise, I don't reccommend buying in bulk to start. Buy 50 or 100 of several different types and see what you and your gun like best. Then buy that kind in bulk. Also, if you plan to use that weapon with a CHL, then I reccommend buying something very similar to what you plan to use if a critical situation ever arises. I can't tell you how differently they perform, but G-d knows you don't want to be used to the accuracy of a particular FMJ and then expect to get identical performance from your "Oh Sh*t I'm In Trouble!" hollow points.

Top Bottom