Join TexasGunTalk

2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick44, Jun 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WT_Foxtrot

WT_Foxtrot Active Member

Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Maybe so.....but 50.9 to 48.3 was the final tally. Closest Texas senate race since 1978. Hardly what I'd call comfortable for a supposedly entrenched incumbent. And you can't take Travis County out, nor Harris or Dallas. It was closer than most would have thought, including the insurgents who have been crowing about it since and moving their machines into our state to try to move it from purple to blue.

And anyone who thinks our vote doesn't matter because Texas is traditionally red....or at least has been for the last 20-30 years....is delusional.

1911'S 4 Me likes this.
  2. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Is a 10/22 Gatling kit a machine gun?

Only response you will get from me.

TheMailMan likes this.
  3. Hoji

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Take the guns now, due process later.
    The guy you are going to blindly vote for said this. In a live news conference. He has never recanted it.

Can’t see much difference except that if Obama had made that statement the GOP would have raised hell about it( publicly anyway)

TheMailMan, birddog and toddnjoyce like this.
  4. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Blindly? No. Trump was never my favorite candidate. But the alternative is far worse.

Some folks seem awfully keen to cut off their nose to spite their face.

5. Hoji

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Is a 10/22 Gatling kit a machine gun?

6. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    While it may have been the closest race since ‘78, Cruz was not nearly as entrenched as is believed. In ‘18, he was running for his first re-election, was outspent better than 2:1, and admittedly did not take his opponent seriously. While there was anxiety leading up to the election, the results tell a different story.

TheMailMan likes this.
  7. WT_Foxtrot

WT_Foxtrot Active Member

Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Sorry, but you're way off base. I don't blindly vote for anyone. I vote for the best choice available based on many factors, the 2nd Amendment being one of them. Trump was it in '16 and more than likely will be again in '20.

And no, I don't think he's coming after my/our guns.

1911'S 4 Me likes this.
  8. Hoji

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Are you good to go with someone who proudly and publicly states that seize property first/due process later as long as there is a “R” next to their name?
    I am not.

ETA; If he had made his views on citizen rights and due process known in 2016, I would not have voted for him.

If he does not recant his “take the guns first” proclamation I will not be voting for him in 2020

9. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    ...and the alternative to Trump is?...

Would you prefer a Ryan or a McConnell or one of their equivalents to President Trump?

Yep, we have lots of rinos who'll want to run and they'll damn sure be better than Trump. Right?

Is President Trump "THE" ideal gun President. No.

Is better than any of the dem/commies or rinos? Hell YES?

Wait, nah, stay home, suck your thumb while holding your breath until you turn blue.

That'll show em..........

digger likes this.
  10. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Can you show me where he says "take the guns first"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.