• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    My point being that in a state like California or Texas your vote in an electoral system does not really matter. Voting 3rd party sends more of a message to your congressional reps and senators than voting with the mob.

Voting for the lesser of two evils is the philosophical equivalent of voting for who you get to watch rape your family on the basis of which one has the smaller equipment.
    Your vote always matters, especially on all the local races. If the electoral college wasnt vitally important they wouldnt be trying to eliminate its value. They want mob rule.

Say stay home or vote third party. Let people hostile to freedom gain votes or a supposed mandate based on turnout.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Your vote always matters, especially on all the local races. If the electoral college wasnt vitally important they wouldnt be trying to eliminate its value. They want mob rule.

Say stay home or vote third party. Let people hostile to freedom gain votes or a supposed mandate based on turnout.
    If my choices are pure evil and mostly evil, I will not play.

I vote in school board elections, city, county,state ,fed elections and on every bond proposal special election that comes up( always vote NO on gov asking for money )
    When the Presidential elections come up, I will vote for whoever has made their case that they hold my values. If none of them do, then they have not earned my vote.

All of you who chime in with your “ you have to vote for the lesser evil because voting your conscience is throwing your vote away” let me ask you one question;

How much is your soul worth to you?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Logic will make no dent on these folks.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

My soul has nothing to do with voting for someone, or if I have to, voting against the bastard I really cant stand.

Let me ask you, how much is the future of you children or the country you leave behind worth to you? It seems that when supposed good men throw a temper tantrum, hold their breath and stomp their feet and refuse to vote or vote for a 3rd party when such an act will assure the worst evil wins then they are the ones who allow evil or tyranny to thrive by essentially doing nothing of consequence.

Even if we required the winner of national election to get over 50 percent of the total electoral votes and required a run off if that didnt happen you could still have the worst possible outcome because the 3rd party stripped enough votes away from one candidate and folks like you just refused to play.

Vote your choice in the primary, I always do and many times it hasn't been the winner, but if you to be a full partner in our system its you're duty to choose between the two or against the worse of the two. That's our system. It's not perfect but the best in the world.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My soul has nothing to do with voting for someone, or if I have to, voting against the bastard I really cant stand.

Let me ask you, how much is the future of you children or the country you leave behind worth to you? It seems that when supposed good men throw a temper tantrum, hold their breath and stomp their feet and refuse to vote or vote for a 3rd party when such an act will assure the worst evil wins then they are the ones who allow evil or tyranny to thrive by essentially doing nothing of consequence.

Even if we required the winner of national election to get over 50 percent of the total electoral votes and required a run off if that didnt happen you could still have the worst possible outcome because the 3rd party stripped enough votes away from one candidate and folks like you just refused to play.

Vote your choice in the primary, I always do and many times it hasn't been the winner, but if you to be a full partner in our system its you're duty to choose between the two or against the worse of the two. That's our system. It's not perfect but the best in the world.
    No. For years the GOP has done their little bit to erode our natural rights. The cocksuckers give and give and give, their base be damned( Obamacare anyone) and when the left gets back in, they don’t have to do much to wash big chunks away.

I am almost of a mind that we may need a Sanders/Harris White House, AOC Speaker of the House and Chuck U Schumer as Senate Majority Leader just to
    And start over.

Last edited:

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    If my choices are pure evil and mostly evil, I will not play.

I vote in school board elections, city, county,state ,fed elections and on every bond proposal special election that comes up( always vote NO on gov asking for money )
    When the Presidential elections come up, I will vote for whoever has made their case that they hold my values. If none of them do, then they have not earned my vote.

All of you who chime in with your “ you have to vote for the lesser evil because voting your conscience is throwing your vote away” let me ask you one question;

Damn.....if I thought like you, I never would have, won't, and never would in the future vote in any election ever. Lmao....

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If more people thought like him, our country wouldn't be in the shitter.
    Ya, I can see how refusing to participate will solve everything.

This petulant child BS is nothing more than a coward hiding behind a strawman you name principles and values in an attempt to sound better as you spit out the fact you abdicated your responsibility as a citizen. It sounds no different than James Comey questioning others eternal soul in an attempt to hide shortcomings.

But you do what you think is best. I hope you dont phuck everyone else's future in the process. It's your right after all.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station

If I want to be a full partner in your system??? My DUTY to vote for the lesser of two evils?

Easy up there on that horse buddy, seems pretty high.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If I want to be a full partner in your system??? My DUTY to vote for the lesser of two evils?

Easy up there on that horse buddy, seems pretty high.
    Sometimes yes. It's just as important to work towards insuring the worst possible outcome doesnt happen at times. Why would you purposely do otherwise if those were the circumstances? You get to choose between two people in our system because only one of two people are going to win. Peroid. Thinking otherwise is dishonest or willful ignorance.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ya, I can see how refusing to participate will solve everything.

This petulant child BS is nothing more than a coward hiding behind a strawman you name principles and values in an attempt to sound better as you spit out the fact you abdicated your responsibility as a citizen. It sounds no different than James Comey questioning others eternal soul in an attempt to hide shortcomings.

But you do what you think is best. I hope you dont phuck everyone else's future in the process. It's your right after all.

Well ok then, the kids gloves are coming off.

This nation was built on principles and values. Principles like doing the right thing and voting for who YOU believed would serve with the nation's best interest in mind. Over time, those principles were lost because of chicken shit little cowards who couldn't stand losing an election every now and then. Cowards like you. Your mindset is a cancer to this nation. You're not righteous for voting for the lesser evil, you are directly harming this country by doing so. To think otherwise is complete insanity. I'm not going to vote just because there are some names on a ballad. If those names aren't worthy of leading this nation, I'll be damned if I'm going to vote for any of them. I'll write in a name if that is an option or otherwise abstain from voting. I respect this country far too much to become part of the problem that's killing it slowly but surely.

Get off your high horse because you're lower than dirt from where I'm standing. Don't bother replying, I have nothing else to say to you.

To the admins who will likely come along and have to clean this up, I apologize in advance, but some things just need to be said. Especially when any semblance of respectful discussion is thrown out the window.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Maverick44,

A simple YES or NO please: IF you knew that your failure to vote for DJT would have put HRC in the WH, would you still vote for someone else or stay home?
    (While I believe that DJT is nothing like perfect, I wouldn't want the "Wicked Witch of the East" as POTUS, no matter who else was running.)

yours, satx

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Maverick44,

A simple YES or NO please: IF you knew that your failure to vote for DJT would have put HRC in the WH, would you still vote for someone else or stay home?
    (While I believe that DJT is nothing like perfect, I wouldn't want the "Wicked Witch of the East" as POTUS, no matter who else was running.)

yours, satx
    Your hypothetical is highly unrealistic to the point of having no value. There is absolutely no way to know that will happen, especially with the electoral college. At the end of the day, their votes are the ones that matter, not your lone vote.

I have stated my position in no uncertain terms. I will not under any circumstances vote for evil.

I will say that if the wicked witch was in the WH, then maybe, just maybe, gun owners would grow a pair and stand united in defense of their rights instead of sucking presidential **** and standing divided. That is our greatest failure. That we allowed ourselves to be fooled and then divided.

We've lost more rights under Trump than Obama, and Trump didn't put a tenth of the effort into gun control that Obama did. That is inexcusable.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Well ok then, the kids gloves are coming off.

This nation was built on principles and values. Principles like doing the right thing and voting for who YOU believed would serve with the nation's best interest in mind. Over time, those principles were lost because of chicken shit little cowards who couldn't stand losing an election every now and then. Cowards like you. Your mindset is a cancer to this nation. You're not righteous for voting for the lesser evil, you are directly harming this country by doing so. To think otherwise is complete insanity. I'm not going to vote just because there are some names on a ballad. If those names aren't worthy of leading this nation, I'll be damned if I'm going to vote for any of them. I'll write in a name if that is an option or otherwise abstain from voting. I respect this country far too much to become part of the problem that's killing it slowly but surely.

Get off your high horse because you're lower than dirt from where I'm standing. Don't bother replying, I have nothing else to say to you.

To the admins who will likely come along and have to clean this up, I apologize in advance, but some things just need to be said. Especially when any sense of respectful discussion is thrown out the window.

Gloves coming off? Seriously? I was right a out the child thing I guess. I'm sorry you get so offended by my interpretation of why a couple folks vote or wont vote. The strawman argument or justification thrown out is childish and petulant. Im Sorry but in thinking this way you are acting out of spite instead of thoughtfulness.

Why would You get indignant and respond like your principles are impugned when asked the question about knowingly putting the likes of a Hillary Clinton in the white house. Hell the present crop are even worse. Do you want one of them?

The simple fact is we dont always get who we want as an option. In those instances not voting or voting in a way to make the worst possible outcome a probability is insane and the best way to push thing down the road to ruin.

Sorry for my verbiage but it seems insane to many that an otherwise obviously thoughtful and reasonably intelligent person would think that acting/ voting that way is a good idea.

By the way I would really like to have an answer to the question SATX asked. That shouldn't be hard for a man of principle to do.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I just don't get the mindset of those who feel like the candidate they end up pulling the lever for has to line up 100% in lockstep or otherwise they're just going to pout and stay home to prove a point that's not provable by taking some sort of moral highground. It's just childish and counterproductive. No candidate is perfect for anyone, ever, period. As stated, if I felt that way, I'd never vote, ever. And not just in presidential elections. Too many moving parts.

I didn't vote for Trump in the primary, but damn sure did in the general. Although he was always in my top 2-3 in the primary too. And I'm damn glad I did and will again. There's a shit-ton of good that's come out of his getting elected. The list is long, but mainly economic and aimed toward finally the resurgence of the middle class, taxes, energy, jobs, etc., etc., etc. Not to mention him stacking the courts with justices that would make the Bushes object with vigor, right along with the rest of the cabal. I hope he gets hundreds more, including a couple more on the SCOTUS, which is a real battleground. Not to mention the opportunity cost that would have occurred had he NOT been elected. It would be 180* the other way in all respects.

I knew there would be some broken dishes along the way. I mean, shit....he's a crass, rich NY businessman who's never ran for or held office in his life. Far cry from some slick-ass politician who's been in "public service" for 30 years since they got out of some Ivy League law school and is fully entrenched in the swamp. I think that's a good thing for once as an "outsider" and was sorely needed.

I've voted for 7 GOP presidential nominees and never felt 100% on one of them, except for maybe Reagan at the time, but I was 18 and in high school. But I also know, just like many choices we make in our life, that they were the best choice I could make given the options that I had.

Guess that makes me a fucking coward to some. Good grief.....

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom