• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billy_Madison

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Houston
    I live in the Houston area and would like a pro gunsmith to take a look at my great grandfathers "Parker Brothers" shotgun. It has become a victim of our harsh humid geographical area. My goals are to preserve the petina look and mainly remove the rust and polish the wood to preserve the gun. I realize these are really valuable collectors items and eventually would like to sell this firearm after it is returned to it's best possible condition. Anyone who has used a gunsmith with knowledge of old school damascus barreled firearms please feel free to reply or shoot me a pm.

David

05042011185.jpg

05042011184.jpg

05042011183.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I would take it to Briley.

They can give you an assessment, and would probably offer to manufacturer a set of sub-caliber tubes so you can shoot modern loads in it.

Billy_Madison

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Houston
    I would take it to Briley.

They can give you an assessment, and would probably offer to manufacturer a set of sub-caliber tubes so you can shoot modern loads in it.

Briley???

I really don't wanna shoot this it's more of a over the fire place kinda item.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Briley Manufacturing, shotgun choke manufacturer and gunsmithing

They are in Houston. Near the intersection of I-10 and the Sam Houston Tollway on the west side of town. They started in the shotgun business and grew from there. If you get a chance drop by there with the shotgun and visit their showroom, they have normal business hours. They have a lot of SxSs in there. When the UK did it's thing with guns, they were able to buy a lot of good quality old guns cheap. They refurbished a lot of them and sell them. You might be surprised about how inexpensive they could give it a good once over, and make you a set of removable tubes so you could take it to the field and shoot some modern 20 (or possibly 12) gauge target loads.

Billy_Madison

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Houston
    Briley Manufacturing, shotgun choke manufacturer and gunsmithing

They are in Houston. Near the intersection of I-10 and the Sam Houston Tollway on the west side. They started in the shotgun business and grew from there. If you get a chance drop by there with the shotgun and visit their showroom, they have normal business hours. They have a lot of SxSs in there. When the UK did it's thing with guns, they were able to buy a lot of good quality old guns cheap. They refurbished a lot of them and sell them. You might be surprised about how inexpensive they could give it a good once over, and make you a set of removable tubes so you could take it to the field and shoot some modern 20 (or possibly 12) gauge target loads.

Thanks for info I might just try them out

Top Bottom