• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I have three G-20, and a G-40. I don't see how XD has improved the 10mm. The capacity is the exact same, unless you put an arredondo which I did on one or two of my G-40 mags.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    A HS2000 being imported and rolled with a mark from a company that has nothing to do with the historic armory who’s name they use. For only 550 dollars! What a steal... Not a fan of that company or pistol. Way better options for 10mm. The HS2000’s were a 350-400 dollar pistol until the roll mark.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    A HS2000 being imported and rolled with a mark from a company that has nothing to do with the historic armory who’s name they use. For only 550 dollars! What a steal... Not a fan of that company or pistol. Way better options for 10mm. The HS2000’s were a 350-400 dollar pistol until the roll mark.

The HS2000 is only sold in 9mm, so the comparison is moot...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I have three G-20, and a G-40. I don't see how XD has improved the 10mm. The capacity is the exact same, unless you put an arredondo which I did on one or two of my G-40 mags.

I was a big fan of the Glock until the XD series came out in 2002, at which point I fell in love with the 1911-style grip angle. It is much more natural to shoot, but I guess Glock will never acknowledge that point. There are also other items on the XD(M), such as the sights, that Glock just doesn't seem to think are important. I guess they expect owners to replace them anyway, with ones like those that come stock on the Springfield.

But most of all, the new XD(M) in 10mm is cheaper than the Glock equivalent. That's the deal-maker right there!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    To each their own. Every spends their money how they want. People should be aware of the crock of **** that is Springfield “Armory”.

Yeah, tens if not hundred of thousands of satisfied Springfield customers are nothing to go by...your unsubstantiated opinion is more correct and we're all wrong!

I take it you're a Glock fanboy as well? Most Springfield haters are... :clown:

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I was a big fan of the Glock until the XD series came out in 2002, at which point I fell in love with the 1911-style grip angle. It is much more natural to shoot, but I guess Glock will never acknowledge that point. There are also other items on the XD(M), such as the sights, that Glock just doesn't seem to think are important. I guess they expect owners to replace them anyway, with ones like those that come stock on the Springfield.

But most of all, the new XD(M) in 10mm is cheaper than the Glock equivalent. That's the deal-maker right there!

I like 1911's for 1911's. I have a Springfield MC Loaded Operator .45ACP with a Wilson Combat barrel compensator. My G-40, has had a trigger job, an RMR, Suppressor Trijicon Sights. A nitron boron finish slide, and a TIN barrel with a thread protector. XDM, is well, just going to give me an XDM with a 15 round magazine. The rest is up to me. With three G-20's, and a heavily modified G-40, I just don't see the need.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Yeah, tens if not hundred of thousands of satisfied Springfield customers are nothing to go by...your unsubstantiated opinion is more correct and we're all wrong!

I take it you're a Glock fanboy as well? Most Springfield haters are... :clown:

Nope, not a fan of striker fired pistols. But also not a fan of company that has pulled the crap that Springfield and RockRiver did in IL. They tried to screw over gun owners and other manufacturers in that state. Plus they don’t make anything they designed to my knowledge. They have 1911’s, M1A’s, and the XD. What do they design? What do they bring to the table besides buying designs, slapping a roll mark on them from an Armory that they have nothing to do with? They are a piss poor company, have actively gone against the second in the state of IL. So why support them?

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I don't like the XD. From the one's that I have had, the barrel hood wears the bluing off as soon as you fire it. The XD .45 2.0 makes a good truck gun in a pinch, so my HK's don't disappear. I am a big fan of HK's, especially the one's with the stainless slides. I have a his/hers HKC .45 in a stainless slide, and .40 USP with a stainless slide. I carry mine cocked and locked.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    Nope, not a fan of striker fired pistols. But also not a fan of company that has pulled the crap that Springfield and RockRiver did in IL. They tried to screw over gun owners and other manufacturers in that state. Plus they don’t make anything they designed to my knowledge. They have 1911’s, M1A’s, and the XD. What do they design? What do they bring to the table besides buying designs, slapping a roll mark on them from an Armory that they have nothing to do with? They are a piss poor company, have actively gone against the second in the state of IL. So why support them?

Well, two things. One, they did, and had a fan revolt and pulled out of the Illinois contract crapola, unlike Smith who gave it up like a two dollar whore with key locks. That is why every Smith Revolver I own does not, nor ever will a key lock. And yes, taking a Serbian pistol then calling it "Springfield" is pushing the envelope. At least Glocks admit they are Austrian. I like Springfield 1911's for the most part. My MC Operator, Loaded, with a Wilson Combat barrel bushing compensator have virtually no impulse recoil, and is very accurate. I keep looking at MIA's and thinking about it, then I think the of the LWRC REPR, and the Tavor 7 (if you can find a Tavor 7). Then I think of the actual Galil rifles, that were great, but aren't exactly made for accuracy even when they are called "sniper."

I think when I settle down and I can find one, and they become more plentiful I will go with the Tavor 7 for a .308, better if they come out with a 6.5 CM (Don't see that happening).

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Sorry for the off topic drift!

I'm all in for this pistol but the shadow is clouding my enthusiasm. I'm talking about the fact that federal ammo gave 10K rounds of 40 cal corbon to be used in the 10K round challenge of the xd10mm, forced by Clay at gunsamerica.

That's what I came here to inquire about.

Has anyone else heard about this?

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston

I'm all in for this pistol but the shadow is clouding my enthusiasm. I'm talking about the fact that federal ammo gave 10K rounds of 40 cal corbon to be used in the 10K round challenge of the xd10mm, forced by Clay at gunsamerica.

News to me. But, I am not a fan boy of XD'S. They work for like the 2.0 for concealment. But, the barrel hoods, wear against the frame with minimum use. Design flaw?

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County

Nope, you have a link to any sources for the challenge?

Top Bottom