• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    So, I suppose Marxists are now referring to their political movement as a religion. It follows that their motivational gathering intended to disseminate the newest negative narratives are ‘Negativity, or Negative Masses’.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Push it, and unlike every physical object in the world we know, it doesn’t accelerate in the direction it was pushed. It accelerates backwards.

I guess a video showing this phenomenon would have been too much work.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    u-understand-quantum-mechanics-you-don-t-understand-quantum-mechanics-richard-p-feynman-84-72-97.jpg

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Don't even try to intuit such things.

Probably real but makes no sense to human senses.

I read Lawrence Krause's book "A Universe from Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather than Nothing".
    If the Big Bang started from nothing that would mean that everything here and there and everywhere is balanced by it's negative, it's counterpoint, somewhere out there.

I'm no physicist so I grotesquely under-represent what the real scientists seem to attempt to understand.

Last edited:

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    A friend of mine used to wear a shirt with the saying "Do Neutrinos Have Mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!"

Having spent 6 years at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory with some of the top physicists in the world, I have to wonder at the universe changing impacts of work being done at Pullman, WA and whose scientific publication was in the Physical Review Letters, where it was featured as an “Editor’s Suggestion". I can just see my old colleagues snickering up a storm around the cyclotrons at the Lab in between their flights to work on the CERN Hadron Super Collider near Geneva.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So, I suppose Marxists are now referring to their political movement as a religion. It follows that their motivational gathering intended to disseminate the newest negative narratives are ‘Negativity, or Negative Masses’.....

a69863602fed282cd0608805925a701c.jpg

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    "All those scientists, they're all alike. They say they're working for us, but what they really want is to rule the world." -villager c.1974

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Hmmmm. Wish we could discuss evolution here but it would too quickly violate rules.

Scientists announced they had figured out evolution and could create life from dirt.

God said, "Okay, let's see it."

The scientists reached down to pick up some dirt. God said "Uh-uh. Get your own dirt."

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I'm a scientist, though not a physicist so anyone feel free to educate me.

1. Electrons ARE leptons. One of several sub-types.

2. Upgrading the Hubble has never allowed it to see farther. Roughly for 1/3 of the first million years after the Big Bang the universe was an opaque plasma that allowed no light transmission. We can see back that far. There is the absolute limit. Upgrading the Hubble (remedying its defect, actually) increased its resolving ability. It sees more detail but not farther.

3. Our empirical observations best approximations:
    a.For roughly 10,200,000,000 years there was no earth.
    b. Then the earth formed from the aggregated ejecta of a dead star where the calcium in your bones was fused from lighter elements. Scant doubt about that.
    c. For around 1,000,000,000 the earth was utterly sterile. That's a best guess.
    d. For the next 3,000,000,000 years the only life was single celled organisms reproducing and evolving complexity existing solely within the oceans.
    e. Multicellular life has only been around on our planet for about 12% of the time that the earth has been around but that brief 600 millions years is tough to comprehend in my mind.
    f. At one moment in time, around 1/2 billion years ago, one of those single celled creatures was my ancestor.
    g. I find that fact incredibly cool to accept.

There is no plausibly verifiable competing hypothesis.

Oh, last thought. One very well verifiable today:
    A very few million years ago two of the 24 pairs of chromosomes in some hominid ancestor of ours fused to become chromosome #2 and henceforth begat our unique 23 pair genome, unique amongst our great ape progenitors and cousins.

You and I have telomeres in the center of our chromosome #2 documenting this momentous evolutionary event when our lineage too the path to modern homo sapiens.
    All the other great apes have the original 24 pairs.
    Easily demonstrable and pretty unequivocal that we share an ancestor. And, yes, it's harder to perceive, realize and ultimately accept that a phytoplankton was an ancestor.

Yet again, there is no plausibly verifiable competing hypothesis.

Umm, neutrinos? Quarks. Quarks represent the smallest known subatomic particles. These building blocks of matter are considered the new elementary particles, replacing protons, neutrons and electrons as the fundamental particles of the universe." "Quarks are the smallest particles we know . Many quarks make up one electron, proton and neutron. But if we refer to chemistry electron is the smaller both than proton and neutron."

In terms of history, it was not so long ago that atoms were discovered.

Upgrading the Hubble's resolution did allow it to distinguish objects at greater distances. Some basic physics there.

PUBLISHED April 3, 2018.
    A bright blue giant nicknamed Icarus is now the farthest star humans have ever seen. The supergiant star (officially named MACS J1149+2223 Lensed Star 1) lives more than halfway across the observable universe. It's much bigger than our own sun and hundreds of thousands of times brighter. Despite its brilliance, it still took nine billion years for its shining light to reach Earth.

And absolutely there is a plausible explanation. In fact there is no plausible explanation besides creation.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    There are better forums for arguing creationism vs evolution.

As was mentioned several posts back we have a rule against such discussions here and for good reason. No further discussion in this thread will be allowed.

Thanks
    YG

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom